Today
Today as I was walking back to my apartment from class, a group of Parisian high school kids walked by and were singing the theme song from The O.C. But instead of "California," it sounded more like, "Cal-E-for-na." It was a good laugh.
In my Paris Monuments and Political Power class, we were discussing Jews in Paris. When we got to WWII and were talking about how police inside Paris collaborated to exterminate the "foreign" Jews (aka those with parents or grandparents from other countries) in order to save the "real" French Jews, the professor said that she loves France too much to discuss the events from the 40's. It was bizarre, because if I were to talk about how terrible slavery in the United States was, that doesn't mean that I love my country any less.
Anyway...

1 Comments:
god damn French people
Post a Comment
<< Home