Friday night, as I was getting ready for bed, I heard a loud roar coming from outside my window. It ended up that the entire city was on rollerblades, rollerblading though the city (and past my street). It was amazing to watch, there were at least 2 thousand people rolling through, it looked somewhat like a marathon, but people were (obviously) moving a lot faster. It looked something like this:

Yesterday, I saw my friend Lora (from Paris who spent the summer in St. Louis 2 summers ago) and then my friend Lauren from Kenyon who's in Grenoble was back in Paris waiting for a flight, and so we had dinner and she slept on my floor (which I believe is significantly more comfortable than my bed anyway...last night was the first night I actually slept on my broken bed the whole night without dragging the mattress to the floor since the floor only had room for one). The coolest person that I hung out with yesterday was Napoleon I--I went to Les Invalides/the Military History Museum where his tomb is. Here's a picture of Napoleon and myself:

Today I am going to complete my paper for Paris Monuments and Political Power about the political significance of a monument that I believe to have no political significance.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home