Google

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Crepes, Harry Potter, etc.

Tonight I had dinner with my friend Nina at a creperie. It was a total French cliche with wooden tables covered in lace and low lamps and an open kitchen. However, I just do not like crepes--they really nauseate me. I did not seem to find my culinary niche in France--most of the new French foods I tried, I wasn't fond of (escargot, mussels, crepes with anything in them other than sugar, raclette, tartiflette, pot au feu, anything with veau)...but at least I tried them.

Tomorrow, my friend Michael from Cranbrook (who now goes to Princeton) arrives in Paris--I haven't seen him since I was a senior in High school and he was a junior.

A funny thing to mention: As in the USA, everyone in Paris is reading Harry Potter (other than myself who has not read any of them). The translation of the latest edition Cup of Fire into French is Coup au Feu, and one of the most traditional French dishes (like meatloaf and mashed potatoes to Americans) is called Pot au Feu. People are getting confused when they first start reading the book because they don't understand how the book can be about a dish. No joke!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home