Google

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Marie Antoinette

Abysmal as my French Revolution course is (by the way, I have 11 pages of crap written for its final paper), I find the facts of the Revolution fascinating (geek, I know). I was so happy to see that Sofia Coppola's next film (her first since Lost in Translation...one of my all time favorites) is Marie Antoinette.


In the trailer: http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_marie_antoinette_trailer it is obvious that Coppola wants to show that the story is 'hip' or at least interesting, and I'm excited about that. The trailer's soundtrack is great, and it should definitely be interesting to see Kirsten Dunst and ESPECIALLY Molly Shannon (who has hopefully kicked what I believe is a gnarly coke habit by now) play French.

Today I went to Sainte Chappelle, a small gothic chapel on the Ile de la Cite from the 1200's that is now within the walls of the French High Courts.


The chapel is surrounded by stained glass windows (and has a great rose window), and so actual lighting is not required during daylight hours.


Snoop Dogg sings a song with the lyrics, "Santa Claus ... is coming straight to the ghetto." My apartment has the most ghetto-fabulous Christmas getup. Now, I have never had a Christmas tree or a nativity scene in my home before, but is this what they should look like?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home