PRAHA

Despite having my cell phone, medications, and digital camera along with my memory cards and batteries stolen, Prague was a good trip. Luckily, I have awesome parents who accept my teary-eyed collect calls from the Czech Republic and have overnighted me replacements.
The picture above is basically the view from the apartment where I stayed with Katie, Katherine, and Emily. It's Charles Bridge with Prague Castle visable above. When we arrived late Thursday night, we walked around Old Town and went to an all-night restaurant. The next night, we found out, that below the all night restaurant is three levels of a nightclub including a dance floor, STRIPPERS, and lounge space.
Friday, we made our way to Old Town, where we found a bagel shop (not to be found in Paris) called Bohemia Bagel and had breakfast before going on a bus tour of the city. The ride made Prague seem bigger than it is...but when you walk the city, it really takes no more than 20 minutes to get from one place to another. Friday evening, Michal, a Czech friend (who is my age) of my mom's friend who is Czech (does that make sense) came to our apartment with his friend and took us to get some cheap (I should tell you that everything in Prague was cheap...meals averaged 200 Czech dollars, or $4 US) dinner. Afterwards, we went to 2 karaoke clubs (one that had live music, one that had the normal recorded music). We all sang a lot of songs (Emily had her own cheering section of British men in town for a bachelor party...what can I say, she's in Tisch at NYU). We ended up back at the "restaurant" from last night but we were so pooped that we called it a night pretty early. I talked to Michal about St. Louis for a while when we got back to the apartment, because he was there for a summer 2 years ago learning English.
Saturday, we woke up late, had a bagel, and then went on a cruise on the Vlatava River, seeing all of the sights. I then took a long walk along the river, stopping for a Pilsner, and then walking along the Charles Bridge where there are vendors and performers. Saturday night, we went to an Italian restaurant for a long leisurely dinner.
Sunday, I woke up early and took a tour by myself to the Terezin Concentration Camp about an hour outside of Prague. It was...I don't really have words for it, but I'm glad I went. The most bizarre thing is that people live in the old barracks that housed the Jews--like there are homes in there now. Ick.
This morning, we woke up at 4am to catch a 6am flight to Paris. I was back at my apartment at 9am, and unpacked and went to France Telecom for a new cell phone.
2 days to write 2 papers, study for 2 midterms, and an Orale...but London is shaping up to be a good time.
I will post Prague pictures on my album just as soon as I obtain them from Katie and Katherine...Emily's entire purse was stolen in Prague, and so she is out of a camera too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home