Things
I am now a holder of a French residency card valid for 1 year...oh, but the lengths I had to go to receive it. This morning, after having spent the last 2 months getting the proper papers to the proper people, I had a doctor's appointment with the French government. I sat in a waiting room with 100 other foreigners and I was the only western-foreigner. I was measured, weighed, and had an eye test (which was interesting seeing as how it was so early and I had to say the letters in French). Then, as I was getting ready for the next part of the visit, the doctor's assistant took me aside and drew blood. I don't know why because NO ONE else there had their blood drawn. After the draw, he said everything was normal, and so I went on to get the chest x-ray...topless. I had to prance around the x-ray room with the doctor and technician with nothing on. After more waiting, the doctor took me to her office, had me again remove my shirt and then asked me questions (why all the removing of the tops--especially when we only had a conversation about what I was studying in France). Eventually, I was done with the medical visit and presented with my residency card that is basically useless because I won't be here for a year but it was necessary to obtain to stay in France legally past November 11. I just don't understand the blood thing...my arm and fingertip hurt! Tonight, I'm going to the Oasis concert and tomorrow after a French test and a visit to the Opera Garnier for my Paris Monuments and Political Power class, I'm flying to Prague until Monday morning. I will be sightseeing and meeting up with a local guy about my age who is a friend of a friend of the family's. When I return on Monday, I will have Monday and Tuesday off from classes for French holidays and in that time I will need to prepare for my Monuments midterm, my French orale report, and a paper on the French Revolution all due on Wednesday (actually, I already wrote the Revolution paper so that I don't have to worry about it). Wednesday, after the orale and the midterm, I'm taking the Eurostar to London until next Sunday. It's a busy two weeks ahead.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home