Google

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Today I woke up, showered, put on some nice clothes (one of the skirts Sabina said I would never wear) and headed to the Notre Dame. I got a good seat close to the front for the Roman Catholic mass. The organ music permeating the room was ominous, the stained glass was intricate and amazing, and the altar boys carrying the crucifix and candles just added to the medieval mood. I don’t know what was said, but I know that it was an experience. I went to a brasserie after the service for an omelette and then headed back to the apartment to study. I really need NYU to talk to the Robertet’s and tell them that I need to be paying less than the other girl since my room is half the size of hers. Later in the evening, I walked around the neighborhood to find some dinner, but everything was closed and I didn’t want to take the metro across town to find something so I settled on McDonalds and bought a yogurt and fruit thing and some French fries just to see if they were really better in their homeland—they weren’t, and into the compost bin they went. I spent the rest of the night organizing for the week. I want to travel somewhere next weekend—perhaps Aix-en-Provence where my friend Laura from Wisconsin-Madison is studying for the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home