Google

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday, September 10, 2005
Today I went to Versailles…it was only a 30 minute train ride from Paris. It was cold and rainy but nothing stopped the beauty and extravagance of the home of French kings. Every ceiling was painted, and every wall was encrusted with gold leaf. I came back to Paris in late afternoon and spent a few hours answering emails and updating pictures. Then, since the Robertets are at their chateau in the country for the weekend, my friends came over and we cooked dinner and then walked the 10 steps to the plaza overlooking the Eiffel Tower where we bought crepes and watched the light show that occurs on the hour. We then returned to the apartment and watched Under the Tuscan Sun on my computer (because we didn’t realize that the DVD players here are encoded differently than the DVD players in the USA, so we couldn’t watch it on TV). All in all, today was a good, average day. I want to figure out how to get train tickets out of France so that next weekend I can go somewhere (maybe London). Tomorrow I’m going to “church” at the Notre Dame.

1 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep imagining how foriegn students in the states react to everything here when I read your blogs. I think about all the international students at Cranbrook. I wonder how I would react to having a student stay at my house. I give mad props to people who study abroad. I'm just too attached to home to really leave my comfort zone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home