Wednesday and Thursday
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 and Thursday, September 22, 2005
Last day of class Wednesday and “final exam” Thursday. I’m pretty sure I passed. Oh, Tuesday night, we went to this bar, and on our way on the metro a girl came up to us and told us she was an American studying abroad too. She basically followed us to the bar and hung on us for the night. It was bizarre and so in order for her not to follow us home (she went on the metro with us after), we switched trains at a random station and took a new route home. Creeps in the world. Anyway, unfortunately (because I want to travel so much), I have to take a full course load which means that my school week will run from 10:45am Monday-4pm Thursday. This means that my trips will have to be shorter (which is good, I guess, considering the sheer fact that the price of living over here is SO DAMN HIGH…for meals, I have spent in 1 month nearly the same amount of money that it costs for food at Kenyon for 1 semester! And I’m not eating at “expensive” places either. Wednesday afternoon and evening I spent resting, something I have had hardly any time to do. Thursday after my exam, my friends and I went to lunch at a little restaurant and I ordered a hamburger because it was inexpensive and sounded good. It came out and was not an American-style hamburger by any means: it was a small piece of ground beef with a fried egg on top…no bun, no ketchup. It was good, just not expected. After lunch, I made my way across town (a la metro) to the Rodin museum, and it was BEAUTIFUL. It is located on his green estate (in the middle of Paris) and the house contains his paintings and sculptures and the gardens have some, but mostly they have grassy areas in both the sun and shade where people nap and read.
Anyway, today is my friend Katherine's birthday and so we're taking her out. On Friday, the entire program is going to the country a chateau for lunch and then another chateau for a tour before coming back to Paris to see an opera (Russalka, basically the story of the little mermaid). Then on Saturday, my friends and I are going to Mt. Saint Michel for the night. It should be a good weekend.
I'll try to post again Monday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home